• are you ready for the challange of moving to Germany

  • global mobility information for expats

  • immigration and relocation guidance step-by-step

  • relocation and immigration support on demand

Householder´s insurance

A householder´s insurance insure your property in your flat. It covers your inventory (furniture, commodities and consumables) against fire, tap water, hail, storm, burglary, robbery and vandalism. Some insurances include bicycles some not. In case of robbery, storm, and fire the insurance pays for your damages (property damages and replacement at replacement value).
A householder´s insurance is not compulsory, however it does make sense, as you only acknowledge the value of everything in your flat only once it is broken, for example due to fire or water damage. It is very costly to purchase replacement of all your inventory by yourself.
We provide useful tips regarding this topic here: